Experienced Building Control Officers
We are looking for experienced building control professionals to join our busy team.
It's an exciting time for us at Invercargill City Council as we experience significant regional growth, and with this growth comes some very interesting and challenging opportunities, not the least of which includes some high profile transformational inner city developments.
We are looking for professionals who are at Res 2 and Com 1 competency and above.
The role scope involves responsibility for advising and assisting clients on building consent matters, including consents processing, inspections and responding to customer requests for service. As a senior team member we also need you to be available to support your less experienced colleagues to provide a consistent level of service excellence through virtue of the experience and knowledge you can share. The role also has a component of coaching, training and mentoring of other team members as practicable.
- Hold a complying qualification for building control surveying under BCA Accreditation Regulation 18.
- Able to demonstrate experience and related competencies across a wide scope of building control functions, including field inspections, processing and building consents.
- Able to give examples of inspecting and processing roles with complex building projects you have been involved with.
- Have a thorough understanding of current NZ Building Act provisions, Building Code, BCA Accreditations and any other related legislation, and be prepared to provide high level advice across these areas.
- An effective communicator who can quickly build rapport and maintain professional relationships with a diverse customer and stakeholder group.
At Invercargill City Council we are guided by our core values of Responsibility, Respect, Positivity and ‘Above and Beyond'. An alignment between our people and these core values is extremely important to us as we strive to ensure enablement of an environment that consistently demonstrates these values, both internally and externally.
We are fortunate to live in a region that offers such a diverse range of lifestyle options. Invercargill City Council is an employer that encourages its people to make the most of what the region has to offer and as such offers the flexibility to enable a healthy work/life balance.
Come and join us!