Manager - Planning and Building Services
Passionate about long term strategy, environmental and building planning and development and ensuring that only the highest levels of quality are adhered to?
Then this once in a lifetime opportunity is one you would not want to miss out on!
Enjoy life in beautiful Invercargill, where no two days are the same. With a range of recreational activities on offer with Central Otago, Fiordland and the Catlins on our doorstep, we proudly encourage a good work-life balance so you can get out and enjoy life. Invercargill's reputation for being family-friendly is well deserved, with affordable housing, great schools, and amazing facilities.
With a high level of confidence, our prosperous southern city is undergoing the biggest resurgence in its 166-year history and Council is a key player in advancing the growth and prosperity of the Southland Region.
As the Manager of Planning and Building Services, you will not only be responsible for the efficient, effective and customer-oriented operation of Councils Planning and Building Services Team, but also for providing technical and professional leadership and advice, including assisting in the development of strategies to effectively manage risk.
As an ambassador for our Council, you will enjoy going above and beyond to provide both internal and external customers with exceptional service at all times. You will drive successful relationships and ensure that the Council meets its service requirements under planning and building related legislation. There will also be the opportunity to utilise your strong strategic foresight by actively contributing to the strategic direction of the Planning and Building Services team, and wider Council organisation including participating in policy development.
To be successful in this challenging and diverse role, you will ideally have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in planning, building or related field with some form of Tertiary qualification in leadership/management
- BOINZ membership and/or NZPI membership
- A minimum of five years' Resource Management or Building experience
- At least 10 years' experience in dealing with complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading staff including recruitment, performance management and implementing new initiatives
- Significant experience dealing with potentially complex legislative and public relations issues
- Demonstrated experience working within a Quality Management System
- Thorough working knowledge of the business of Local Government, including knowledge of the Local Government Act 2002
- Experience as a professional witness in the Environment/District Court
- Experience in briefing lawyers and/or consultants
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing new processes and systems
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will not only contribute to the improvement of our region but also make a real-life difference to the community, then apply today.
For more information please see the full job description or contact the Invercargill City Council on 03 211 1777.
Apply online at www.icc.govt.nz