Compliance Officer - Parking
Bring your experience in Customer Service and your enjoyment of physical exercise to a team who enjoy being Ambassadors for Invercargill.
The Invercargill City Council are looking for passionate, positive, and highly motivated people to join us as Compliance Officers in Parking. You will serve the residents and businesses of Invercargill, as the Compliance - Parking team play their part by supporting Invercargill City Council's vision and long-term plan, parking policies, and by-laws.
Our Compliance Officers - Parking engages with the public on a regular basis and spends most of their time outdoors in and around Invercargill City. Yes - it can be challenging at times, but it is well worth it; everyone loves knowing that they are contributing to something positive and that is exactly how you will feel in this job.
In this dynamic job, you will be the "face" of Invercargill City Council and use your customer service skills to:
- Promote positive public relations
- Help to keep Invercargill moving especially with the new Streetscape project underway
- Actively issue infringements to non-compliant vehicles
- Ensure your assigned area is monitored effectively
This is a permanent full-time role and you will be required to work on a rotating roster of varying start/finish times (between 8 am - 6 pm) including a rostered Saturday shift (9 am-3 pm) to meet the needs of the city.
Key skills to be successful in this role are:
- Natural ability to build rapport with customers
- Good physical fitness with the ability to walk long distances, rain, hail or shine
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with difficult customers and situations
- High energy and a positive attitude towards the public
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good written and numeracy skills
- Being comfortable with and adaptable to modern communication technologies
- Ability to work without direct supervision team orientation
At Invercargill City Council we pride ourselves on our values - positivity, respect, responsibility and above and beyond. Finding the right fit for our team is really important to us and we work hard to provide an environment reflective of these values.
For more information please see the full job description or contact the Invercargill City Council on 03 211 1777.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as applications are received and could remove this advertisement at any time.
With the current border and quarantine restrictions in place, successful applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand. While all applications will be reviewed, first priority will be given to those applicants who are currently residing in New Zealand.