Senior Project Manager
- New Position Supporting the Manager - Engineering Services
- Invercargill Based
About The Role:
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering Services, this role is responsible for providing project management services and supporting the successful delivery of the Invercargill City Council's (ICC) three waters renewal programme. You will manage renewal projects from concept to detailed design, and procurement and then right through the construction phase to completion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee multiple projects ensuring they are delivered to the required scope, cost, timeframes and quality
- Deliver programme level reporting of the renewals programme
- Contribute to the development of documentation and procedures to meet best practice project management standards, ensuring a high functioning renewals programme
- Assist team members to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with Council procedures and policies
- Provide financial management, risk management, regular reporting and contribution to the Annual Plan and Long-Term Plan.
Invercargill City Council is in a chapter of immense growth, building a vibrant city centre and reinvigorating their culture and spaces, and this is an exciting time to join a Council that is focused on the future of their people and city.
Key Skills & Experience:
Candidates of interest will have a qualification in project management, with proven experience delivering horizontal infrastructure projects to scope, cost, timeframe and quality. You will have a natural customer focus with a high level of communication and relationship management skills, as well as a history of managing a range of stakeholders effectively at all levels to gain their trust and respect.
Ideally, you will have:
- Strong experience with project management methodology, budgeting, cost control and negotiation
- Good report writing and presentation skills, and can present technical information to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and can work under pressure to manage workloads and resources to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant New Zealand local government legislation, bylaws, practices, and standards.
Invercargill's reputation for being family-friendly is well deserved, with affordable housing, great schools and amazing public facilities. With Central Otago, Fiordland and the Catlins on their doorstep, they are uniquely situated to enable easy exploration of the region's world-famous ski fields, lakes and wineries. All good reasons why working for Invercargill City Council is a great career and lifestyle choice.
About the Company:
Waihōpai Invercargill is New Zealand's southernmost city and the heart and hub of Southland. They're known for their lush green spaces like Queens Park, their long summer daylight hours and local legend Burt Munro. Invercargill city has character, charm and a laidback atmosphere. There are outstanding nature reserves, Ōreti Beach, the Waihōpai River, a lively restaurant scene and a sensible gridded layout with wide streets and a 10-minute drive to work.
With a total income in excess of $95m per annum and employing approximately 400 employees, Invercargill City Council is a key player in advancing the growth and prosperity of the Southland Region. Council's vision is to create an exciting, innovative, safe, caring and friendly city offering lifestyles based on a healthy environment and a diverse, growing economy. To achieve this, Council is working closely with a wide range of agencies and key stakeholders on a range of economic and community development initiatives. The city is in a strong financial position and is committed to a number of key initiatives including the inner city re-development, key community and infrastructure investments over the coming years and a continual focus on customer service and ongoing process efficiencies.
At Invercargill City Council we pride ourselves on our values - positivity, respect, responsibility and above and beyond. Finding the right fit for our team is really important to us and we work hard to provide an environment reflective of these values.
For more information please see the full position description or contact the Invercargill City Council on (03) 211 1777.
Apply online at www.icc.govt.nz
Please note applications will be processed as they are received and we encourage you to apply early, once we have found our successful candidate we will remove the advertisement.
Successful applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand. While all applications will be reviewed, first priority will be given to those applicants who are currently residing in New Zealand.